Volume Network(VOL) is a cryptocurrency jointly built by the former co-founder and CTO of TRON.network and Lambda’s core team. The aim of VOL is to create a large-scale commercial application for global use cases.
VOL is based on hard-disk mining which ensures energy saving, and also environmentally friendly.
Volume Network (VOL) is based on the PoST consensus mechanism, which allows everyone to mine with a PC at home.
PoST adds a time parameter to the original proof of space mechanism. Miners must do some calculations with Verifiable Delay Functions(VDF). And combine the verified calculation result and candidate block these two factors to choose the final block producer. Therefore, PoST alleviates the PoC mechanism's loopholes, such as selfish dig, rewrite attack and other security problems.
Because of VOL's mining mechanism, it allows Volume Network Foundation to adopt a complete community-driven approach to run the project. As a result, 6% of the block rewards will be used for ecosystem promotion and development.
Volume Network Team
Former Co-Founder and CTO of TRON.network.and the Chinese FileCoin project-Lambda core team built Volume Network together and are in continuous partnership.
Total Supply: 10 billion VOL
Issue time: 2019/5/21
Block reward: 4000 VOL per block
Premine: 3%VOL have been premined to IEO and the rest 97%VOL will be mined normally
Miners: 9.1 billion VOL of the block reward is rewarded to miners, which is 3752.5 VOL/block
VOL Ecosystem: 600 million VOL of the block reward (247.5 VOL/block) will be rewarded to VOL Ecosystem, including core code upgrade contributor, mining pool service provider, mining machine service provider, promotion team and community participants